Sunday, July 09, 2006

Boring Summer Blahs

One of you mentioned looking into my archives recently and it made me wonder what kind of crazy embarrassing things are in there. I have regret issues you know. I can be kind of bold in the moment- or sometimes my husband boldly posts things I had decided not to post- and then later think "wow, that was a little more revealing than maybe I wanted to be." But you know, it's water under the bridge as they say. Those of you who know me well may be laughing as you know I never really look at anything that way. I still analyze my childhood to the nth degree, took years to get over my first breakup, suffer from major buyers remorse and any other kind of remorse over even tiny little decisions, and play "what if" like no one else. But the blog is probably somewhat therapeutic in that regard. This is out there and anyone can see, guess I'd better let it go. One thing I actualy am not embarrassed of and sorta kinda miss was our little Real Simple discussions. I still thoroughly enjoy that magazine, I just haven't had as much time to read it lately. Maybe I will start up a little weekly or monthly review again. I think things have gotten boring around here lately, so Real Simple or no, I will try to make things a little more interesting soon. My friend Lauren has a new blog that is fun and informative, and I'm finally getting a link up to my friend April's blog, also my sister's (who never posts), and another friend who likes to maintain anonymity so we just call her "Good." If I'm boring you to death, you can at least have some links to more interesting places!

5 comments:

april said...

Hi Abby,
Loved your comments over at my place...your a fireball! I agree with you. I think if you have never experienced a really tight financial spot in your life it's nearly impossible to think of any situation that would be "different" than the one your in. Geesh!

lauren said...

thanks for the props! ;)

Abby said...

April, that thread is making me mad. I just want to say "It's simple math, people!' Whatever choice of "lifestyle" you make, you are still making a choice for a lot more people than the other guys- four cheap weddings versus two cheap weddings. I have this problem though, why don't people just recognize me for the genius I am and quit trying to argue? Ha Ha! Well, I felt like someone from the outside needed to defend all those with big families who are doing the best they can. It IS simple math, they have more to do for than those of us with fewer kids. Duh! And this is MY blog, so no one better try to say otherwise!

the good, the bad & the ugly said...

Abby,
Read my post on fake and spray. (My digital camera is out of batteries and I couldn't get pictures to prove my point tonight, but I'll post them soon.)I've discovered that air brush tanning can cover a multitude of pregnancy woes. Don't laugh until you've tried it. I think I can hear you laughing, but it was the best $30 I've invested in a long time. :)

april said...

Okay Sister you be mad! Now go get that shake and bake stuff so you can have a glow about you.

Blog Archive