Monday, September 11, 2006

The Countdown

In just 12 hours we will have a new baby. That is weird. I am so tired of being pregnant. I have been hoping to actually go into labor. Everyone expected I wouldn't make it up til just three days before my due date. Both Amabel and August were a week early. I have actually been doing this funny thing where just for a second when the phone starts ringing, I think, "I wonder if it's someone calling to tell me I'm in labor." I know that's not possible; I'm just that expectant, that on the edge of my seat! I've done it with both the other pregnancies too. But I have made it further this time. I have already been admitted to the hospital. That's odd because I'm not there. But I have a hospital bracelette on. I have spoken with an anesthesiologist. I have been "worked up." All I have to do is show up for surgery at 7am. So weird. Any guesses as to what we're having? I'd love to see what y'all think. Let's have a betting pool! I just wonder if I've given it away without realizing it. And I know some of you do know, so your votes don't count. Well, we'll have all the information for you very soon. I hope y'all like the name. I hope we like the name because we haven't actually firmly decided yet. There is so much to have anxiety about at this point. I wish I could hit fast forward through what I am guessing will be my third long and sleepless night in a row. And it's just not one of those situations where I could have a couple of drinks to calm me down. Wouldn't that be helpful? A nice big long island tea to get me to chill. I need peace. I expect it will come very soon- just a few more hours...

2 comments:

april said...

God speed little one. Come out so we can sing Happy Birthday to you. I'll bet..um.....boy. Just cuz that seems to be the "in" thing right now and I know how trendy you are ;)

Grace and Peace be with you.

Matt Churnock said...

If I had to guess what the baby is, knowing George, I would say a Border Collie or maybe a seal. I hope that it is a seal, that would be cool...

But really, good luck with all that, and whenever you bring the new one to the south, I will have a cigar waiting for the proud papa...

fine, Abby you can have one too...

Blog Archive