Thursday, October 19, 2006

"Oh My Yumminess!"

That is what came out of my mouth after putting a taste of the following recipe in (after I finished chewing of course!). I may be the last person in the world to discover this recipe, but if there is anyone else who has also tragically been missing out, here it is:

Pumpkin Crisp
15oz. can of pumpkin
1c. evapoorated milk
1c. sugar
1tsp. vanilla
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1 package butter flavored cake mix
1c. chopped pecans
1c. butter melted
-stir together first five ingredients and pour into lightly greased 9x13 pan
-sprinkle cake mix evenly over pumpkin mixture
-sprinkle pecans evenly over cake mix
-sprinkle butter evenly over pecans
-bake at 350 for 1 hour
-let stand 10 minutes before serving or serve at room temp with whipped cream

And now for the pumpkin muffin recipe. I just can't get enough of these, so I have to save them as strictly a fall time treat lest I gain a hundred pounds eating them year 'round!

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins
4 eggs
2c. sugar
15oz. can pumpkin
1c. oil (recipe originally called for 1 1/2 but I found this to be unnesessary; you may want to use a smidge extra)
3c. flour
2tsp. baking soda
2tsp. baking powder
1tsp. cinnamon
1tsp. salt
2c. chocolate chips
-beat first four ingredients until smooth
-in another bowl, stir together next five ingredients
-mix dry ingredients into pumpkin mixture
-fold in chips
-bake at 400 for 16-20 minutes

The next one is one I haven't made yet, but have heard from several people to be fabulous. It's a Paula Dean recipe if that means anything to ya. I'm absolutely addicted to her show, but I have yet to try any of her recipes myself. This is one I plan to make soon, this weekend in fact as George's dad and stepmom are coming down to meet Elspeth. I'll let you know once I make it if it deseves to stand in company with these other two.

Pumpkin Gooey Butter Cake
Cake:
1 package butter cake mix
1 egg
8T butter, melted
Filling:
8oz. cream cheese, softened
15oz. can pumpkin
3 eggs
1tsp. vanilla
8T butter, melted
1 (16oz) box powdered sugar
1tsp. cinnamon
1tsp. nutmeg
--To make cake
-combine all ingredients and mix well with mixer
-pat mixture into lightly greased 13x9 pan
--To make filling
-beat cream cheese and pumpkin until smooth
-add eggs, vanilla, and butter and beat together
-add powdered sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg and mix well
-spread pumpkin mixture over cake batter and bake 40 to 50 minutes at 350. make sure not to overbake as center should be gooey
-serve with fresh whipped cream
*in place of pumpkin, a 20oz. can of pineapple or two ripe bananas can be used in the filling, but why would you want to go and do that?!
**one other variation: you can use chocolate cake mix instead of butter cake mix for the cake and 1 cup peanut butter instead of pumpkin for the filling

3 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Thanks for the recipes, abby! Can't wait to try them. A friend recently made the pumpkin crisp and I thought it was delicious! And looks easy, too!

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to try those muffins! :) Might even make them today. --annie

Jessie said...

Thanks for this recipe - I agree, I think I ate the 6 you sent down to us in 2 days!!!

Blog Archive