Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Day Three: Working Out The Kinks

I am so very extremely tired, as Lola might say, but I did want to get a short post in before heading up to bed.

Amabel was fine when we left her today and then came home in an interesting ensemble provided by her teacher after the clothes I sent her to school in were messed up when she slipped and fell in the mud. Bless her heart! She handled it pretty well. The pants she got to wear were pink so maybe that kept it from being as bad as it could've been! And I think what really helped, what really made her day, was that a little girl in her class told her she was her very best friend in the whole world. I guess it's official- slipped in the mud, became someone's very best friend- yep, she's in kindergarten! The problem now is getting her to eat lunch. From what I can gather from her there is no set end to lunch, just get up and play when you are finished, and so I have had a very hungry child and a full lunch box coming home every day because she is so eager to play. I am working on a solution. But for the most part, things seem to be going along just fine.

3 comments:

the good, the bad & the ugly said...

My little kindergartner has come home once in borrowed school clothes due to falling in the mud, too. He thought it was hillarious and bragged about how dirty his pants were. One perk of being a boy, I guess. I'm glad she took the fall well and she has a new little friend. Isn't that age funny? I remember declaring someone as my best friend in kindergarten due to the flavor of her fruit roll-up. It was strawberry, and that's all it took to make me feel bonded forever to her!

abby said...

i know, i was very worried today that the same little girl might declare someone else her very best friend as children that age are so fickle- remember saying "i'll be your best friend." but i think she had another good day.

Elizabeth said...

Soo glad her week's gone okay. You've had some memorable experiences, to be sure, but nothing scarring!!

Can't wait to catch up with you soon!

Is it just me, or are these word verifications things getting longer??

Blog Archive