Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Love to All

I sign almost everything "Love, Abby." I wonder if people think that is weird. I think I might have thought something like that was immature or thoughtless at one point. You know, like dotting your i's with a heart or putting smiley faces in your o's. But I like it. I do the "Love" deliberately and with thought every time. I thought you might want to know that since you might get notes or emails from me from time to time. The "Love" is intentional. I know it's not a super intense love that prompts you to send an email to a friend or a romantic or intimate love that triggers you to add someone to your Christmas card mailing list. But it is love. Loving-kindness. I enjoy that word. I enjoy that concept. That's what I'm after. Man, I wrestle so much with anger or discouragement, even depression (not the commercial, clinical type, just the everyday moody type) and anxiety (ditto the previous parentheses). But loving-kindness, that is always available when we ask. I sound like Ellen DeGeneres. I know. Only I'm not a random acts of loving-kindness kind of person. There's a method to my madness. While I have been writing this all I can think of is Jon Byron songs. Did anyone else have Jon Byron come to their church retreats? "Christ has set his children free, free to love His family (Family)." What a sweet man! Anyway, it's not the natural state of my persona as it seems to be for some- though I reckon it's not natural for anyone- but I'm working on it and getting somewhere albeit slowly. I write this after a brief lapse of posts (and other activities) that came out of not really having anything but sad and lonely things to say. I'm on the upswing again, which always comes for me sometime. I'm not sure why it comes for Ellen. Yoga? But for me it comes from the Lord. And now I feel compelled to copy Psalms 121 for you all. (Love, Abby)

Psalm 121

A Song of Ascents.

I lift up my eyes to the hills.
From where does my help come?
My help comes from the LORD,
who made heaven and earth.

He will not let your foot be moved;
he who keeps you will not slumber.
Behold, he who keeps Israel
will neither slumber nor sleep.

The LORD is your keeper;
the LORD is your shade on your right hand.
The sun shall not strike you by day,
nor the moon by night.

The LORD will keep you from all evil;
he will keep your life.
The LORD will keep
your going out and your coming in
from this time forth and forevermore.

2 comments:

RHB said...

Thanks for giving us the Word. I needed that.

Love, Rachael

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I've often thought, though she's funny and nice, Ellen must be absolutely miserable. Psalm 121 is much better than yoga :)

elizabeth

Blog Archive