Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Are you like me? Yes or No? Check the box.

I was trying to find an old quiz that Annie had posted on her blog for my dad. I know, like my dad is going to take and internet quiz. Anyway, I was sending it to him because it was about whether or not you are a type A personality or not. I thought he would think the questions were hilarious. When I mentioned the term "Type A" to him the other day, he seemed very proud. He said, "What's you mother then, a type Z?" Ba-da-bum! See the thing about people who are "Type A" is that they are really excited about being Type A and think that everyone else should be too. I have been told by more than one that the characteristics of their personality are "right" and even "how God is." Seriously. "God is organized" and "God is punctual." So I live with a little demon on my shoulder telling me I'm sinning when my house is messy or when I'm late. Oh! so that's what her problem is! Yep, that's my problem. Because my house will always be messy and I will always be late. But evidently that makes me a horrible person. I laugh that I get "Type B, as laid back as they come" as my result for this quiz. I am as high strung as they come. But I reckon I wouldn't be if I could just be okay with how I am and not think everything about me in direct opposition to God. Some Presbyterian would respond with "well, we are all in direct opposition to God apart from Christ." Yes, I know, but somehow unity with Christ hasn't turned me into a person with a good concept of time!




You Have A Type B Personality


You're as laid back as they come...

Your baseline mood is calm and level headed

Creativity and philosophy tend to be your forte



Like a natural sedative, you have a soothing effect on people

Friends and family often turn to you first with their problems

You have the personality to be a spiritual or psychological guru



Anyway, link to that quiz if you like, but it is clearly the bee in my bonnet, so I found a more fun quiz- because a vacation sounds good right about now!

You Belong in Dublin

Friendly and down to earth, you want to enjoy Europe without snobbery or pretensions.
You're the perfect person to go wild on a pub crawl... or enjoy a quiet bike ride through the old part of town.



But see, I think I would enjoy Europe with some of the snobbery! I changed my answers a couple of times and always came up with Dublin so I am guessing some questions trump others as outcome bringers. Anyway, who will be joining me in Dublin? Or where should we meet up while I'm across the pond? Also, this was really bizarre. I took a 12 question quiz to see "how rare my personality is" and it actually gave me my Myers Briggs personality to the letter! In twelve questions? Myers Briggs takes hours! Kinda funny! Any other people get an accurate result? Any other ENFP's out there?




Your Personality is Somewhat Rare (ENFP)



Your personality type is enthusiastic, giving, cautious, and loyal.



Only about 8% of all people have your personality, including 9% of all women and 6% of all men

You are Extroverted, Intuitive, Feeling, and Perceiving.


Come on everybody. Yes, this is junior high. For today. We need some lightening up. Take a quiz. Take all three! Tell me what you get. And please please pray for Amelia!

13 comments:

becca said...

-Type A (shocker)

-"somewhat rare" ESTJ: T!!!!!!! I've taken the full M-B test 3 times and have always been a strong F (my husband would also attest to this). I always test off-the-charts strong J. Thank goodness we're fearfully and wonderfully made, not made according to the personality profile template!

-My European home is London, but it said I'd also be at home in Sydney, San Francisco, Hong Kong, or just about anywhere else, so maybe I'll come visit you in Dublin, and when you want to be snooty you may come visit me in London. This test was pretty accurate, as I don't care so much where I live as with whom I live. Gotta be with my peeps.

Becca said...

I know I just left a comment, but I have to say that it is awesome to see Amelia's prayer counter go from 228 to 242 in the few moments I'm on your blog!

Bec said...

Ack! My 3rd comment in a row! Just saw your comment in response to my comment about SPR and Elspeth and swaddling issues, and yes, she's outgrown both the night-waking and the need for swaddling....yipee! She's been doing great for 6 or so weeks now. I'm glad E is doing better, too.

I loved seeing your older two at the park back in March (?) when they were with RHB. They both have your fabulous thick hair.

Anonymous said...

Here's mine..seems to fit

You Have A Type B+ Personality
You're a pro at going with the flow
You love to kick back and take in everything life has to offer
A total joy to be around, people crave your stability.

While you're totally laid back, you can have bouts of hyperactivity.
Get into a project you love, and you won't stop until it's done
You're passionate - just selective about your passions

Anonymous said...

Oh, that was me. And I got the most common personality, although I can't recall quite what that was: I know it was introvert, sensing, and judging, but can't remember the other one.

elizabeth

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I have to say I think this was my myers-briggs score, come to think of it.

I can meet you in Dublin. I think it fits, but I answered (and I'm guessing you did too) Cosmopolitan yet quaint on the first question, which did include a bit of the European snobbery, so it's a bit puzzling.

elizabeth

Olive said...

I got Dublin too. And I think an A- personality type. A-???? They give minuses in personality types? It makes me feel like I'm back in school, wondering how I missed the full on A. Sick.

Fittsy said...

a- here too
And supposedly I belong in Milan, which is absurd. I've been there - no thanks. Florence or Rome, or even better Bellagio, any day. But NOT Milan.
And I'm ISTP - reserved, methodical, spirited and intense, which seems mostly fitting.

Rebekah

george edema said...

I got
"Your personality type is goofy, imaginative, relaxed, and brilliant.

Only about 4% of all people have your personality, including 2% of all women and 6% of all men
You are Introverted, Intuitive, Thinking, and Perceiving."

I never can remember my Meyer-Briggs so I'm not sure if they match.

Heather said...

Abby,
Great quiz on the personality. It matched my meyers-briggs, but disappointingly called me "common." I know I am not that unique, but I was hoping for a little more than common:)

courtney said...

I am a B+ personality.
I should live in Dublin.
And, I am an ESFP.
I didn't even realize that I would remember my Meyer-Briggs score, but, it all came back when I tested the exact same as I did in high school.. Crazy.....

Abby said...

wow, hurray for all the comments. almost too many to reply to, which I know i have gotten bad at lately!

becca b, i don't think i realized you were type A. i thought your whole family was sort of a go with the flow gang :) and you must be somewhat flexible to be able to live anywhere. i KNOW from experience that that is not at all true of me- which also makes the type b result even more of a laugh! glad S is sleeping now! that means YOU TOO!

elizabeth, i totally knew it was you without you having to say anything, it really was so close to your personality! you are the project queen. AND a joy to be around :) the letter you forgot would be either thinker or feeler. i don't know which you are. i guess you know me better- yes, i totally answered the cosmopolitan quaint answer!

olive- that is hilarious! to me an a was an a with a minus or not, i don't think i often saw a + ! what is the description of an a-?

rebekah- i think there must've been more to say about you than that! those are not the things that come to mind- reserved and methodical? maybe, but what about generous and joyful? no one is ever more ready to laugh than you! so reserved, in some situations might fit, but i think there are way more generous adjectives to describe you!

george- did you make those first adjectives up? goofy, imaginative, relaxed, brilliant? it's like they KNOW you! seriously, that's what i would say! and for the meyers briggs, isn't that supposed to make people a good match? having two in common and two opposites? i think they told us that y'all- so check with your husbands to make sure ;)

heather! i can't believe they used the word "common." evidently they told elizabeth that too so y'all can be common together :) just kidding!

courtney- we're almost the same. i never understand the difference between the n and the s or really the j and the p. i think the j and the p is the one where they tell you if the test is just agony to you and you can't make up your mind, it's because you're a p! or maybe it's the n and the s. like i siad, i don't understand it. and its been explained to me every time!

Mark Ray said...

Mine said I am Type A. I never figured I was a Type A. Actually, I usually don't like Type A's too much, so I'm not really sure what to think. Since I'm doing all three of these tests at work, I think I should question this a bit.

My European city is Amsterdam. Never been to Europe, so can't really say if that is good or not.

My personality type was INFP which is rare. In high school I was INTP, but I guess I'm more caring now.

Blog Archive