Sunday, June 24, 2007

An Experiment

Okay, so this could be embarrassing, but I am willing to be embarrassed. There is a counter on my blog now. I know it's a little silly to have a counter usually, or is it vain? I don't know; it would be for me usually. Because I had thought about it before, you know in some discreet location so that I could secretly be either flattered or mortified by how many people check my blog. Anyway, I noticed earlier that on the 24 hour prayer page for Amelia there is a lot of blank space in the middle of the day. This makes perfect sense as it is pretty hard to carve out a fifteen minute time slot in the middle of the day that can be the same for every day that you wouldn't forget or miss. I know I couldn't come up with a time. But I thought that the middle of the day is also probably the time most people usually check in on here. And I just wanted to request that when you check my blog (no matter what time, really), you also just offer up even a very short prayer for healing for Amelia and encouragement and strength for her parents. And then the counter will be an actual counter of prayers being said for her! Because I am always worried about being exposed for the weirdo we all know I am, I asked George if that was dumb and he didn't think so. Of course he didn't, there is no way I could figure out how to put a counter on my blog! He set it all up. So if you think you can be counted, it would be great if you would let me know. Once the number starts climbing a little, it has the potential to be really encouraging, dontcha think? I know prayer has to do something because God told us to do it! I also have seen how he has used it to minister to this family and this dear little baby in the past few months so far as well as in the lives of so many others in different trials of all different kinds. If you think you can contribute to the experiment, really just saying a prayer for Amelia when you check the blog, which I will keep posting my regular exciting stuff on!, over the next few days or weeks or however long it takes, let me know! Thanks!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I will do it(and try to call you sometime this week, too :) )

Elizabeth

Jessie said...

We are praying and praying for them.

Fittsy said...

I pray and cry everytime you post about them. So I'll keep praying if you'll keep reminding.

Rebekah

Blog Archive