Friday, July 13, 2007

Stopping by to Say Hello

Sorry to have been gone for so long. Amabel's birthday party is tomorrow so I am still in the thick of busy busy. But what a blessing! I was so afraid the summer would drag on. And it is zooming by! Hurray hurray! We went to the craft store yesterday and they have begun putting up the pumpkin stuff. Pumpkins! I can't wait! Usually I have the tomatoes to look forward to. But the squirrels are eating them before they are ripe enough to pick. About two weeks ago I saw a little guy scampering down the sidewalk with a big orange ball in his mouth. I wondered where he got it. Then I wondered what exactly it was. It looked like a kumquat. Mmmmm, kumquats! But I was pretty sure no one around here has a kumquat tree (if they did, I'd be stealing them with the squirrels!). And then it hit me like a hammer as they say (and as Huey Lewis and the News put into an obnoxious song for us a decade or so ago), those were my tomatoes! Damn Gammers! That's what we used to call squirrels back in Auburn. They would take your bagel or candy bar on the concourse if you set it down for too long. And now they're getting my tomatoes! So I'm back to waiting for the pumpkins. But I promise to blog more regularly before the harvest! Just give me a day or two to get through birthday festivities. And let's just not talk about how my little girl is turning six!

5 comments:

RHB said...

Hope Amabel has a wonderful party! Give her a big hug and kiss from me and SA!

Sarah said...

Hey. The squirrels were eating ours too so patrick started sprinkling cayenne pepper around the plants...now they are leaving them alone! Anyway, happy party day! I hope it's fun for everyone! mmmm...kumquats

Anonymous said...

have you really ever eaten a kumquat?? i don't think i've ever even seen one!! happy bday amabel!!! love, jennie

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Sweet Amabel!!

Abby, it makes me sad that our now big "little" girls do not get to go to each other's b-day parties anymore :( I am starting to plan Caroline's too. She wants to have a baby doll/teddy bear tea party, but if y'all happen to be in N'ville in three weeks, Amabel would be welcome to bring Happy :)

Love, Elizabeth

piklpaper said...

i can't believe she's six!!! whoa. give her a big birthday hug from whitnate! hope we get to see you guys in a few weeks...
-wp

Blog Archive