Monday, August 13, 2007

Selling Silliness

I am selling stuff on ebay for the first time ever. I don't think I will ever do it again. It costs so much to list and it feels totally like gambling without any of the fun-ness that I am guessing is usually involved in gambling. Also, it takes forever to list something. Maybe I will get the hang of it? Oh yeah, I'm never doing it again. I don't know why I am doing it now. Oh yeah again, because I need money for clothes for my children(stinkin' growth spurts!) and I have clothes that they can't wear anymore to get rid of. So the logical thing is to put my old stuff for sale and use the money to buy new stuff. But I'm thinking that if it is stuff that I am not keeping for later children, maybe it is not good stuff? I don't know. It makes me nervous. I'm usually a giver away-er. I feel a little guilty selling stuff I could give away. But no one gives me their old stuff and I really do need stuff. Probably the reason no one gives me stuff is because I am so very picky. I am. That is why I don't just go into a consignment store and trade. Because what they're sellin' in St. Louis consignment stores, I'm not buyin'. Well, I do like Finders Keepers. It is a cute little consignment store on Jefferson in downtown Kirkwood. They have the best consignments I've seen up here, but it's still hit or miss as all consignment stores tend to be (the ones in St. Louis are usually just "miss" for me). What's even better though, they have new smocked dresses and new little A-line dresses that can be monogrammed and have little polka dotted bows but on the shoulders. Yeah, super cute. But everything I have would probably only buy me one thing in a trade. So I am rolling the dice with ebay. Please pray that it sells. Seriously, pray for my silly ebay auctions. While you're at it, don't forget Amelia! Pray especially for her parents. They are really struggling with watching their baby suffer.

No comments:

Blog Archive