Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Elspeth is One


Today is Elspeth's first birthday! Hurray for Elspeth, the sweetest one year old ever! This also means that very soon, I will give the rundown of the three big birthday parties and recipes for yummy cupcakes. It isn't nearly as exciting when I have been putting it off and putting it off- you're sure to be disappointed! Anyway, it seems more and more people are having trouble posting comments on here. I say that sort of comforting myself and hoping it is more people than have said so and it isn't really that no one reads anymore. And why do I care so much if people read anyway? I don't know. Well, I think it has something to do with the lifelong trait of mine that when hashed out in the personality descriptions from the aforementioned sites states that I am constantly taking in everyone else's feelings and opinions to form my own. This is a dreadful trait as it shows I really have no way of thinking for myself. I have countless life examples that prove it is true. So all that to say, I'm needing a little affirmation as I am not sure I am very interesting anymore. Ha ha- sort of. Well, the same little synopsis said I am the type sometimes known to "go fishing" for compliments. Sort of comes with the territory, I suppose. Anyway, just to see if it really is Blogger and not Abby, I am disabling the word identification so that anyone can post. We'll see if y'all can comment easier that way. And then we'll try to figure out what to do from there. So I'm not really fishing for me, I want you to wish my baby a happy birthday (and let me know if you are also having trouble "logging in" lately) so we can see if this works better. Who can say no to that?!

17 comments:

Fittsy said...

Happy Birthday, Elspeth!

R

rebekah wright said...

Happy Birthday to Elspeth! I think you are very interesting and I love reading what you have to say. I love your honesty and how you share your heart. That is a wonderful trait!!! You're a dear friend. Hope all the parties are wonderful!

Tarah said...

Happy Birthday!!

The Rays said...

Happy Birthday!! I can't believe she's one! will call when i get back from Seattle. jenniee

The Rays said...

misspelled my own name! and is that how you spell misspell? jennie

the good, the bad & the ugly said...

Happy birthday, Elspeth!!!

sara said...

Abby,
So fun that Elspeth is one! I know she is such a delight! I still have to jump through lots of hoops to post any reply--we will cross our fingers.

courtney said...

Happy Birthday, Elspeth and kiss your mommy for birthing you!!

Olive said...

Happy Birthday, Elspeth! :)

Abby, I'm excited to hear about the parties and get some cupcake recipes! I always love a good new recipe. Fall is making me want to bake even more- which is hard to believe- so bring it on!

RHB said...

Happy Birthday, Elspeth!!!!!!!!!!! Love you bunches!

Aunt Rachael

rebekah wright said...

She's SOOO cute!

Anonymous said...

i can't believe she's one! happy, happy birthday, sweet elspeth!
-wp

Becca said...

Happy 1st Birthday, Elspeth!

Anonymous said...

Happy, Happy Birthday, Elspeth!

Love, Elizabeth

Abby said...

Thanks everyone! Isn't she the cutest?! You don't have to answer that, even I don't need everyone else's opinion to help me decide!

Anonymous said...

She is precious!! Happy First Birthday again my sweet niece! LOVE the fluffy hat! and y'all too of course :)
Love,
Sarah

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Elspeth! And I switched computers with Jackson's birth to a laptop in my living room, which did not have your blog as my favorites. So now that he is 3 months old, I am finally doing little things I think of like getting to our upstairs computer and figuring out what your website address is! :)
katherine

Blog Archive