Saturday, October 20, 2007

Homesick for Hogwarts

Wow, my 300th post!

Well, I finished listening to Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince (the sixth one) at 12am on Friday. By 8:15am I had tracked myself down a copy of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (the seventh and last one) to read (Harry and I had to come to a new understanding when the library still has me at 262 on the hold list for the CDs), and by 10:15 I had picked it up and was already reading while sitting at red lights on the way to a playdate. I finally went to bed at 4:00 this morning, 500 some odd pages behind me and 200 or so more to go. I didn't sleep well and woke up ready to dive right back in. Sometime around ten or eleven o'clock this morning I picked it back up and by 2:30 this afternoon I was finished. And now I am so sad. I know I am most definitely tired. But I feel so lonely. This past month or so, Harry, Ron, and Hermione have been like close friends, and now I know I will never hear from them again. It's so sad! And it makes me more acutely aware that I need real friends. Fictional characters are all well and good, but eventually the story has all been told. George and I had a similar feeling of loss after we finished watching the series finale of Northern Exposure. But this is much much worse. It will be nice to have the movies to look forward to, I suppose. And I'm sure there is always some other gang I could join via the small screen or the printed page. But to have real live friends who know you through and through and stick with you no matter what, that would be really cool. A lot more realistic if we ate, slept, and spent every waking hour with our friends, but still, very cool.

4 comments:

katie said...

I heard on the today show this morning that Dumbledor is gay! I've seen one of the HP movies and haven't read any of the books but I thought this might be of interest to you. Then again, you might have alredy known.

george said...

He also was a back-up singer for The Who one year in the early '70's. I think he may have suffered from heart worms too.

Anonymous said...

click on this and see if you like any of these ideas...
-wp

http://www.marthastewart.com/portal/site/mslo/menuitem.3e37788aa306c4df62fc95103373a0a0/?vgnextoid=da0d0773a5bf4110VgnVCM1000003d370a0aRCRD&vgnextfmt=default

Anonymous said...

um, yeah - that link above was supposed to go with your "holiday hullabaloo" post. i'm retarded.
-wp

Blog Archive