Monday, October 15, 2007

Sick and Sorrowing

Not me. Though I am sitting here with a major headache, stomach ache, and pretty strong fatigue. It is weird. I have no idea why I feel like this or why I have been so tired lately. George said I should stay home and rest yesterday morning, but the kids saw to it that I was wide awake before everyone left for church, and at that point it was too late to get up and try to be at church on time (or more than missed the sermon late). I spent the day (well past wehn everyone came home from church) sort of slopping around in my pajamas, smocking, listening to Harry Potter and The Order of The Phoenix and feeling really blue. So far today is going about the same except that I finished my book and my dress so I will just probably be listening to a different tale of Harry Potter and smocking in a different color. It's sort of circular isn't it? If you don't feel good enough to do anything then you end up not doing anything which makes you feel bad. Or I'm that way. Anyway, I think my body is fighting illness of some sort. The kids don't feel very good either. Amabel took something like a four hour nap yesterday. She is also having trouble hearing so I think she must have a lot of fluid in her ears either from an ear infection or a head cold.

Meanwhile, I have a friend whose newborn baby is in the hospital in a situation that feels like an episode of House. They are running tests and trying to keep this little three week old stable while they try to figure out what in the world could be wrong. It has been going on for a week. My friend and her husband are praying and asking for others' prayers as well. If you feel so inclined, the baby's name is Lucy.

I have another friend whose mom is very ill. I am not authorized to share beyond that. But please pray for my friend and for her mom to be healed.

And of course, there is Amelia who we hope will quit having surgeries and all the other setbacks and just begin to improve, improve, improve. There is just no way of knowing how much she will improve. I think I have been discouraged after seeing her a few weeks ago. Even though I know what her condition is like, until I saw it, it seemed a tiny little obstacle. After hearing my friend Annie talk about autism this weekend (great job, Annie!) and touch on some of the marvelous things our brains do without us even knowing, it is frightening to think about all the things that may not mend. But we also don't know much about the brain at all, and God designed it, so He can surely heal hers if He wants to.

Cyber hymnal makes all the music really ugly sounding, but I have a link to this hymn, "May the Mind of Christ, My Savior" because I have always thought it was a lovely prayer of sorts. Different parts of the hymn seem foreign to me, or have in the past. I have never known a whole lot of "the lost" that it talks about nor I have I known many "sick and sorrowing."Lately, there seem to be more and more sick and sorrowing crossing my path. Kind of makes me feel better about whatever this petty illness is that is getting me down.

May the peace of God my Father
Rule my life in everything,
That I may be calm to comfort
Sick and sorrowing.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

i will definitely be praying...i LOVE that hymn - we actually sang it at church yesterday. i miss RUF. :)
-wp

The Rays said...

hope you get to feeling better. i am working on what letter i think you should be. will let you know what i decide.

Anonymous said...

Feel better, Abby! :)
--annie

Wrights said...

I hope you feel better, Abby. It is so hard to be a mama and be sick because you don't ever really get to be sick.

Bec said...

Sorry you are feeling blue. Hope you're enjoying Harry.

Renae said...

I love that hymn, too. I sing it to the kids sometimes at bedtime, but I don't think they appreciate it nearly as much as I do. I think they don't really get it and just wait through it so they can ask me to sing Zaccheus was a wee little man or Peter & John.

Missed you today at lunch! I had to buy my chocolate milk from *another* "lunch lady." But I saw Amabel at recess... she makes a pretty cute little school-girl, doesn't she?

Hope you feel better & that your trip planning goes well, too.

Blog Archive