Tuesday, November 13, 2007

A Work In Progress

That's both me and my blog. I debate often about just deleting this whole blog. It is never quite what I want it to be. And I agonize over no comments or even 2 comments. I take so much to heart, and I always assume the worst. "People must think I am such an idiot!" If you have a blog, you know what I mean at least a little bit. But zero comments be damned, I am going to keep blogging. Ha! I have things to say, y'all. And surely you wouldn't come visit if you weren't willing to hear them. Right? Still a little timidity there, but I am determined to bravely continue on my quest for vulnerability, the occasional humorous anecdote, and what I hope will be many more fabulous recipes (I am so sick of everything in my rotation right now!). So c'mon now, who missed me? More to come...

9 comments:

Wrights said...

I have missed you! I have my list of "favorites" that I check anytime I get on the computer and you're on it. I totally agree about the comment thing. Whenever I have posts with no comments or just 1 (usually from my dad!) it makes me want to erase everything I wrote because I suddenly feel exposed and silly. I even made Nathaniel leave me a comment once because I kept getting "0 comments"! I love to read what you write. I admire you and look up to you so much as a friend, wife and mom and I love your honesty. So, happy blogging!!!rebekah

Matt Churnock said...

Abby,
I was just sitting in traffic so I thought I would check out your blog. I would rather have no comments than some of the comments I get from your husband. Be careful what you wish for. Anyway, the light just changed. Got to Go.

george edema said...

ha ha.

Jessie said...

I meant to ask you this morning when I saw you if you were vacationing from blogging. And Abby, you should NEVER delete this blog. Even if its just like a journal your kids can read one day. It does have so much of your hearts and thoughts and YOU in it. never never delete it. If you must, stop writing on it, but don't delete it. It was way too much time and effort!

The Rays said...

me me me me!!!!!

lauren said...

i've totally missed you. i thought maybe you had so much fun in chicago, you decided to stay. ;)

Fittsy said...

Been wondering if my blogline's feed had lost you, so I've checked in several times to see no update! Glad that you haven't given up. Love keeping up with you here - and REALLY love your recipes. My Mom LOVED the Pumpkin Cake and I plan to make it for Thanksgiving, and I hope that this will become my part of the tradition!

Love you always, dear friend.

Rebekah

Lynne's Somewhat Invented Life said...

Look at this! Seven comments, eight with me. I loved that you showed your vulunerability. (It's late, that's probably spelled wrong.)

I stumbled on your blog because I loved the title.

Abby said...

Thanks y'all! It's so nice to be missed and encouraged! I feel so appreciated :)

Blog Archive