Friday, February 08, 2008

Giddy

So today has been a pretty great day. I mean, I am pretty happy sitting hear typing to you all. It all started on Wednesday when I got my little comment from Karma Wilson. You sneaks with your fake comments in the past made me doubt whether it was real or not. I suppose I was worried someone was making fun of me for deciding on a waffle iron just because Karma Wilson likes it, like what do waffles have to do with children's literature? Plenty, if someone writes a children's book about waffles. But you know, when things get reviews that are all over the place, it is hard to know who to believe. But when you see your favorite children's book author who writes smart books, and books about the Bible, you can be assured that you're dealing with an intelligent, honest person who has similar values. So why not trust her good taste and character in the kitchen as well? But I suppose I do not have to defend myself to you all as it really was Karma Wilson! I told George, and later Karma herself, that it was like Bono posting on my blog! I was so excited! She has now generously promised to send signed books to my family! What a treat!

So the whole waffle iron issue was still up for debate, but we made our trip to Kohl's tonight hoping that closely observing each appliance would help us make our decision. While the plain waffle iron had both the Cuisinart name and the Belgian style waffle to boast, the Food Network 4 in 1 Grill also boasted a name I can appreciate (just not sure in appliances, but the T-Fal name helped) and the panini press, grill, and griddle options. Another bonus was that somehow there was an additional mark down on each appliance making them both about $5-10 less than they were on Sunday. So because I was down to paying only $30 for the Food Network grill, and because George was so excited about the prospect of being able to grill indoors, and because my pans are not nonstick and I am past ready to pitch my tiny electric nonstick skillet, and because we were so impressed with the overall sturdiness and apparent ease of use, we went Food Network 4 in 1 Grill at a total cost of $30 to us from an original retail price of $140. Not too bad! Waffles for breakfast tomorrow!

On top of that, George took a van full of give away items to Goodwill this morning. Nothing is more exciting to me than getting rid of things we don't need anymore. And I have to say that all of that physical baggage represented a lot of strange emotional baggage. I have written a longer, separate post for an explanation if you wish, but I feel like not everyone is a fan of that type of stuff. I have gotten away from it I think, but I wonder if anyone misses it. Well, the post will be below if anyone cares to read about my strange spiritual and emotional journey. But even without all the inner significance, it is always nice to pitch unwanted stuff.

I am also working on adding some things to my sidebar. I will probably be working on it for a while, so this is a great time to give me tips on new blogs or websites to visit or books to read etc. I just feel a change coming on. It's like a brand new day. And that day starts with waffles!

No comments:

Blog Archive