Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Tipping My Cap to a Pretty Funny Rival (that is way funnier that I have ever been)

George's friend, Matt(well, I suppose he's my friend too....um, yeah, I'll claim him), posted a link to this blog the other day, but I didn't link to it so I'm guessing you may not have either. It is hilarious. After I put my really long post up yesterday, which evidently, no one appreciated (thanks a lot, people!), I was ready to be done with the computer. But George told me I really should just link to this one site, Stuff White People Like. As soon as I started reading, I was doubled over with laughter. So you are going to link aren't you? You have got to at least see this post and this post. An excerpt for you, just to convince you further:

"If you are in the position where you need to take a white person to lunch for business or pleasure, saying “I know a great sandwich shop,” will always bring out a smile. The white person will then tell you about the great sandwich shop in the town where they went to college and how they had a crush on a waiter, or that there was some special sandwich that they always ordered. This will put the person in a good mood."

I'm sure you can see why I was so amused. Mmmm, Traditions.

5 comments:

Jessie said...

I seriously thought of you when I read the one about sandwiches earlier.

Abby said...

Jessie, did you see the one about running marathons? It was sort of funny, but I think running a marathon is a lot less common than they made it sound like ;) I also laughed at the both of us pretty hard when I found the one on kitchen gadgets. It said just to mention words like “le Creuset, Calphalon, All Clad, Williams Sonoma, and Sur Le Table.” Okay, so that's mostly me, but I thought of our love affairs with Dutch ovens.

Matt Churnock said...

does this mean you like me?

Abby said...

well, let's not get carried away ;)

Olive said...

Abby, that is too funny! I loved the one aobut outdoor performance clothes. HILarious. Thanks for the fun new link!

Blog Archive