Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Should We Talk About the Weather?

Because a lot of you don't live in St. Louis and actually live in the Deep South, you will want to know that it snowed from morning to evening yesterday, beautiful, feathery flakes, that heaped on the ground, the rooftops, and the trees, until all you could see on anything was an icing of white, nine inches deep, like a gingerbread village come to life! A friend said on her blog last week that she thinks it unfortunate that Christmas comes so early in winter. I wholeheartedly agree. What a lovely Christmas today would've been! But we shall take the snow when we can, even if it is in March and we are all ready for the tulips to bloom. Who can wish for tulips when the world is such a lovely white? Ask me tomorrow...

2 comments:

elizabeth campbell said...

Glad you like it:) I'm SO over winter weather it's not even funny! We were threatened with snow again last night, and I cannot tell you how glad I was that it was dry and sunny this morning...except I love missing school for snow days...I'm weird, I know!

the good, the bad & the ugly said...

It sounds beautiful. If our winter looked like that then maybe I wouldn't hate winter so much! Enjoy!

Blog Archive