Monday, January 05, 2009

New Year's Stupor

Well, we did homeschool today. It was a very lurchy return to academia. I need a project. I cannot imagine wading through the next semester just doing the same thing every day. As much work as Christmas Around the World was to prepare, it really was fun. Amabel wanted to know which country we were going to do today. I was relieved and a little sad to tell her we were all done with countries. But now I have a major case of the Januarys. I don't know what it is really called, but it is that feeling you get after being in someone's wedding where it has been busy busy for a while, and especially for the last week, but now it's Saturday evening, the wedding is over and the happy couple is off on their honeymoon, but you are in your yoga pants and don't have anything to do until Monday. It's nice to have a break, but it's also a little depressing. This is what January is like every year, after the holiday rush and the great time with friends and family. Nothing. It's nice to have a break, but, a little depressing don'tcha think? Plus, it isn't a break. It's homeshcooling. Well, and everything else. I get this way every year. At least it's not summer SAD though eh? 

Well, I'm not sure if this is even worth posting. I have been on kind of a roll though lately. I'm thinking that if I get out of the habit of writing every night that I will have a hard time going back to it. You may think this makes no sense, but if you knew the effort it takes for me to make a meal plan (or just one meal for that matter!) or run laundry because I have gotten out of the rhythm of it all during the last month, you would see why I am eager to have one consistent activity in my day to day life. It would be much better if that were something like running or getting up at a reasonable time, but we'll just hold on to whatever semblance of routine we have and try to build off that. That, at this point, being flossing and blogging. Yeah, no one could ever accuse me of being an organized person! How about y'all? Is anyone else feeling as wiped out and turned around as me? 

No comments:

Blog Archive