Thursday, February 26, 2009

Breaking News Story

We interrupt not posting to bring you news about your friendly Pretty Funny for a Girl authoress, Abby Edema. Abby is currently entering into day four of hospitalization for pneumonia. Abby feels like hell, even after three days of antibiotics. Abby's doctor says this is a really really bad case. Abby recalls being hospitalized after a head on collision in high school and thinks that lasted much shorter and was all around much more fun. Abby cannot speak without massive coughing attacks, so do not try to call Abby. Also, do not visit Abby as you don't want this crap. (And because Abby will not be able to talk.) Abby likes to spend her days coughing, sleeping, feeling nauseated, coughing, blowing her nose, wearing ice packs to bring her fever down, coughing, and today's favorite pastime- "where the bleep is my medicine?" and "could someone please bring me the yogurt the doctor ordered me for breakfast that is supposed to keep my stomach from churning and bubbling all day?" It is currently ten till ten, so that is a sensational 15 hour return if it arrives in the next few minutes. Enjoyable nighttime activities are more or less the same except for the delightful creepiness that is that three of the patients on our hall have "night confusion." I am not sure what night confusion really is, but I can tell you that it manifests itself with loud shrieking and wailing. It's nice when they all get going together. 

Well, I'm having just  wonderful time, too bad you can't all join in on the fun. And it looks like the fun is going to last right into (if not through) the weekend. Gotta go 24 hours without a fever and I'm currently sporting a lovely 101.9 (not nearly so exciting as the 104.9 from before). I know what you're thinking, you're thinking of that old song where it says "anyone could see the road that they walked on was paved in gold. It's always sunny; they'll never get cold. They'll never get hungry; they'll never get old and grey."  I know, I know, some gals have all the luck. 

9 comments:

Linda said...

Abby, So sorry to hear this news! Praying that you are feeling better and home soon! Linda

Practically Perfect... said...

Oh no! I hope that you feel better really soon and get out of the hospital ASAP!

Wright Family said...

Praying, praying for you to get out of there so fast. I am SO sorry that you are so sick.

wp said...

ABBY! ahhhh! so sorry, sweet girl - we're praying up a storm around here! love you.
-wp

jennifer h said...

We definitely have been praying for you and will continue. I heard the women prayed for you at Bible study, too (which I am sure is no surprise to you)!

We know you have family in town, but be sure to let us and anybody else from church know if you need anything.

Fittsy said...

This sounds so terrible. I'm praying and had my Bible Study pray as well.

Love you,

Rebekah

Olive said...

Oh my goodness! I can't believe you're in the hospital! I'm praying for your speedy recovery, Abby. Is the rest of your family ok?

RHB said...

Abby, please let us know what we can do. We love you and are praying for you. I can come if you need me to- help with the kids, etc. I look forward to talking to you.

Momma said...

Wow, this sounds really, really awful. George has not been quite so discriptive when I've gotten daily updates from him on the phone. Hope you'll let me come and help or bring the kids here or whatever you need me to do. I sure do love you and I'm praying constantly for you - can't wait til I can hear your voice again.

Blog Archive