Monday, February 02, 2009

Mice are Bad. Cats are Jerks.

Y'all, I just opened the cabinet, and saw the mouse! I actually turned into one of those shrieking lunatic ladies from cartoons. The mouse started running to and fro inside the cabinet in a panic- I have to say it is a cute little germ infested varmint. So I immediately began screaming out our cat's name. That's right, we already have a cat. I had attributed our mouse free home up until this point to his keen hunting skills. And therefore, I am attributing the newly discovered mouse population to the fact that he is very upset about this puppy. The cat was actually sitting in the yard looking at me as I called his name out the back door. He just stared at me. I went out into the yard and lovingly tried to coax him inside. He just stared at me. I have been nothing but extra nice to him since we got this puppy. I have even let him sit on my bed! And this is how he repays me?! He just sat in the yard looking at me. When I got too close, because I finally just decided to pick him up and bring him in and put him inside the cabinet, he moved away. When I backed off, he came right back to the spot he was sitting in- and just stared at me. Ten minutes later, he's still sitting there, presumably stewing over the puppy. I wonder how we will like it when we get another cat?! 

4 comments:

jennifer h said...

Funny post. I am still sorry though.

Jessie said...

Oh, Abby, I feel your pain. At least they are sorta cute. I mean, they have to go, but they are sorta cute. Cuter than, say, a sewer fly (off the top of my head :0). Seriously, I'm not trying to make light of the situation (it stinks!), I'm just sayin, I feel ya!!!!

RHB said...

So, is it Blue or a different cat?

annie said...

I'm sorry that you have mice. I think it must just go with living in the country. In the first house Jon and I lived in we had so many mice that we actually got used to them after awhile -- how horrible is that? I'll never forget waking up from a nap on the couch and seeing a mouse sitting on its haunches in my kitchen. It was looking around like it was taking in the changes we had made around the place. And then what did I do? I went right back to sleep. Now, the rats....well, they were something else. :)

Blog Archive