Friday, May 15, 2009

Another Irish Blessing

I don't know why, but I love the Irish. It must run in our family. George has a friend at Home Depot who is Irish and has given him a bunch of CDs with Irish folk music on them. He loves it! He keeps posting his favorites over on his blog. Here is a link to a song (not folk) I promise you will love that is sung by an Irish singer he has recently discovered. 

 Anyway, I have an aunt who sends me at least one or two forwards every day, and I confess that I often delete them without opening them. (I really hope she doesn't read my blog.) I do try to read some of them and even reply to her every now and then to let her know I appreciate her thinking of me. But one can only take so many urban legends, pictures of puppies, and poorly written prayers "for an angel." However, today she sent me one of those that tells you if you forward it you will get some sort of wish come true. I never actually do anything a forward tells me to do. And I actually get sort of mad when they're the kind that tell you if you don't forward them bad things will happen to you or say that you don't care about anything or anyone if you delete it. Maybe our current state of extended unemployment has to do with all those emails I didn't forward? Well, if it does, boy did I just hit the jackpot! Today, I forwarded this Irish blessing to 13 people (and I actually somehow left off two of my closest friends so now that I am posting this, I will have to go back and send it to them so they will not feel left out), and that means my wish should come true in 2 days. Well, 1 day if I send it to the two girls I forgot. So there you go, all of that not forwarding things that has brought us so much grief is now going to be remedied by the forwarding of this one blessing. Also, Bill Gates is sharing his fortune, Oliver North predicted Osama Bin Laden's attack on the US more than 10 years ahead of time, and Atheists are trying to get Christian broadcasting banned from the airwaves. (I love Snopes.) 

Well, no, I think y'all know none of that is true- yet, these things are still in circulation, so I guess some people don't know. Anyway, I sent it just because I liked the blessing:

May there always be work for your hands to do. 
May your purse always hold a coin or two. 
May the sun always shine on your windowpane. 
May a rainbow be certain to follow each rain. 
May the hand of a friend always be near you. 
May God fill your heart with gladness to cheer you. 

1 comment:

wp said...

okay - love, love, love that lisa hannigan! thanks so much for the link! we're off to england tomorrow so i'll be adding her to my in-flight playlist! :)

Blog Archive