Thursday, November 12, 2009

A Merry Tune

So speaking of things I love, I have to say that I adore the song "Maybe" by Ingrid Michaelson. It's like an anthem for adolescent Abby about 15-20 years too late. It just makes me smile. Because I know that 16 year old Abby would have had it blaring from the tape deck in her little green Volvo with the windows down and the sunroof open every day on the way home from cross country practice. And I just want to tell her that it doesn't go the way she wants it to go, but that it goes alright in the end. And it's a happy thing to be able to say that- that even though it's not the culmination of all things hoped and prayed for, it's really good. And instead of being embarrassed for or still a little sad for adolescent Abby, I kind of cheer for her when I hear that song, because "in the future" she's going to be okay.

1 comment:

The Rays said...

my FAVORITE new song!! love it and play it over and over and over. will try to call you back tom.

Blog Archive