Monday, November 16, 2009

Troubleshooting

The weather feels quite November-y now, doesn't it? It was awful to drive in all that rain today though! I am so glad to be out of it! I'm home now, with a giant cup of coffee/ hot chocolate/ Bailey's Irish cream/ whipped cream. Yowsa! Also, I am watching last year's video tapes of Christmas on the Food Network. It doesn't get much better than that! And then over on Annie B's blog, she's talking about Christmas baking! I too am going to get cracking on some Christmas baking within the week so we can take some goodies (as well as gifts) with us to Michigan for Thanksgiving. We are doing sort of a whirlwind trip because we have friends that are also coming here for Thanksgiving that we want to see, so we are traveling back home the day after Thanksgiving. I'll also need to have a few little things to offer our friends when we return. So, it really is about that time!

I am having a problem though. I can't find any of my recipes on here using the search bar up top. However, Heather said she found my pumpkin cake by searching the other day. It's confusing to me. When I search "pumpkin," I get nothing. I actually get nothing when I search "church" or even "St. Louis," both of which I mentioned even two posts ago. It appears that my search engine will only find results on the most recent two posts- which is hugely convenient? No, it's not. Anyway, there are about 400 comments on the help page from other bloggers with this same problem, which has been going on since July. My question for y'all is, can you search my blog? Just try "pumpkin." And Heather, if you see this, how did you find my recipe? I am going to add myself to the list of people needing help on the help site, but it would be helpful to them, I'm sure, if I could tell them a little more- for example, that y'all can search, but I can't. In the meantime, if you can't search, I have opened my blog back up to being searched by Google. So you could do a Google search "pretty funny for a girl" (in quotes) and pumpkin to turn up that recipe in the meantime. It's not very straightforward, but it does get you there in a roundabout way... One other alternative, I just discovered that I can still search on my "edit posts" page, so I could copy and email you any recipe you might need. Not that y'all will be baking any of my recipes any time soon, but just in case.

1 comment:

Jessie said...

I had the same problem a week or two ago with your blog. Can't remember how I finally found them...

Blog Archive