Thursday, May 06, 2010

Glad to be Madame George

At this moment exactly ten years ago, I was probably walking down the aisle for the first time as Mrs. George Edema. How long do Presbyterian weddings last? Maybe I was walking in to the Terra Cotta Cafe, the fantastic restaurant inside a charming cottage on Magnolia Avenue in Auburn, where our reception was held. Perhaps we were posing for pictures? But I don't like to think of those because our photographer was a bad word. And when all is said and done, your wedding is really the sum of the pictures you have of it. It's such a blur, what bride and groom could remember, if they even noticed in the first place? The cake? The guests? The food? The flowers? These are preserved in ones pictures- of which I have very few. But what I do have is far better. I have George. I don't have the emotional energy to write about what a blessing that is right now, but I wanted to say that at least- I am so grateful for George. Ten years of George. The only way it gets any better is when there have been ten more. And honestly, it could also be better if my last name wasn't an often misspelled, always mispronounced, makes people think of gross medical conditions, totally uncommon, phonetically unpleasant sounding "Edema." But I have since gotten over it. Given the choice, I chose George, and would again, dreadful last name and all.

6 comments:

annie said...

Happy anniversary, y'all!

The Rays said...

it was a beautiful day and you were a beautiful bride! happy anniversary!!

Our family said...

Happy Anniversary! Wow! I can't believe that has been 10 years ago. I am thankful for the Edemas:)

Love from all the Wrights

jennifer h said...

Ēdema, Ědema—either way, congratulations for your 10 years together!

e.c. said...

Yea!! Happy Belated Anniversary...10 years is huge!!

Love y'all!
Elizabeth

Brittnie said...

Congrats, Abby! Happy 10 years!

Blog Archive