Saturday, June 12, 2010

Moving Status Update

Sorry about my lame post. I mean, not that anyone would have read it yet. I should have entitled it "I can't sleep and feel like writing but I don't really have anything to say."

I've officially started packing. I have been busy today! It took me a while. As of last night, my farewell girls' night out dinner, I had only packed one box, the winter coats. We all thought it was quite amusing over margaritas and sangria, and indeed it is. It's classic Abby- so much so though that I have memories of moves (several of the eight, soon to be nine, in the last ten years) where people were moving things out of my house and onto a truck and I was still packing boxes. Maybe that is slightly inevitable in terms of sheets and towels, but I remember having all the kids' clothes hanging in the closet of my children's already empty bedroom the day we moved from seminary housing and my girlfriends walking in wondering what in the world I had been thinking. What I was thinking then is the same thing I am thinking now, "moving is overwhelming and a total pain in the butt!"

However, this is a very exciting move for our family and we are ready to get going! The only problem is that I have trouble realizing that that is going to happen because we haven't found anywhere to go. We want to be close to the church and the university in a house big enough for the five of us but inexpensive enough for an intern. Have I said all of this? I feel like a broken record. And you know, while we're looking, we're also keeping things in mind like the fact that we do have a cat, that we don't have a washer and dryer, and that we will be home a lot because of homeschooling and want to have a pleasant environment (this just means that I really hope we can find something cute ;) ) Wish us luck or say a prayer for our search if you think of it. Once again, I find myself humming the apropos Paul Simon, "Well, I'm on my way. I don't know where I'm goin'. I'm on my way. Takin' my time but I don't know where..." Except that I do know where-ish. And that is still a very happy thing :)

1 comment:

Our family said...

Moving is totally a pain and SO overwhelming! I am excited for your move {other than the packing} and am praying for a cute house for y'all. I REALLY wish I lived close so I could come and help you pack. Hope you are able to rest some in between boxes. Love you!
rebekah

Blog Archive