Saturday, July 03, 2010

Bothered

Only if you followed my links to the Jimmy Fallon skits from a while back (or if you just watch Jimmy Fallon yourself) will you know how to pronounce the title of this post (with a British accent that is, ever so slightly, bothered). And really, don't watch those skits if you are easily scandalized by SNL type humor. I tend to overlook stuff that some people (Christians, in particular) might find offensive.

So why am I bothered? I have just been through a major fiasco trying to retrieve my password for this blog. For some reason, Blogger doesn't allow one to use her Gmail account for her Blogger account. This is more annoying than I can say. I used to have Blogger linked to my MSN account, but right around the time we went to Iowa at the end of May, I started getting really vulgar emails sent to that account every day. I am afraid it is from when I tried to access free Wifi from an unknown place. It was when we were on the road and had stopped for gas. I don't even know if it's possible that someone could have obtained my email address in that way. They didn't get my Gmail address... But anyway, I had to close the MSN account, but for some reason, I also changed my Blogger password, couldn't remember it, and the only way to retrieve it was to log back into the closed MSN account. No one is even following this. I realize that. I am just really annoyed about the whole thing.

I think I finally got it straightened out. I guess the point of this post is to vent and to explain why I didn't post yesterday. And this is all I have for today because I'm tired of being online after the aforementioned fiasco. But happy Fourth of July! I will try to post normal things again on Monday.

5 comments:

Practically Perfect... said...

That's really weird. I've always used my Gmail account to access Blogger - I wonder why it wouldn't let you?

Abby said...

It never has. I don't know why. George couldn't do it for his blog either. When I try to make it my email address for the account, it always says "We're sorry, but you cannot use a Gmail account with this account." I always thought it was weird too.

Abby said...

It never has. I don't know why. George couldn't do it for his blog either. When I try to make it my email address for the account, it always says "We're sorry, but you cannot use a Gmail account with this account." I always thought it was weird too.

Abby said...

It never has. I don't know why. George couldn't do it for his blog either. When I try to make it my email address for the account, it always says "We're sorry, but you cannot use a Gmail account with this account." I always thought it was weird too.

Abby said...

nice that it posted this three times! how bizarre! blogger is so weird!

Blog Archive