Sunday, July 11, 2010

Moving Status Update- Volume 3

I'm back in "The Gateway City" for one last week of VBS, packing, and birthday celebrating before the big move next Monday. Amabel's birthday is Friday and I have no idea what to do about it. I am thinking I will just have to get over the mess and the craziness and have a bunch of nine year olds over for pizza and cake. Anyway, the trip to my sister's was a good time. And now it's time to kick it into high gear.

I can't believe it's finally time to leave St. Louis. I think I could have liked it here if I wasn't always supposed to be here temporarily. And then, the city held me hostage for two years past the expiration date! But, as ready as I am to get going, it is nice to know that we'll always be able to visit. We have family here, so when we come see them, we'll still get to swing by the zoo or catch a Cardinals game or meet some friends at a favorite restaurant.

Honestly, I think the thing I am most sad to leave is the St. Louis County library system! I am not too sure how the Des Moines libraries will be. It seems like, from what I can tell online, the libraries throughout the entire state of Iowa may be linked, so that will be awesome! But I'm not sure if that's really how it will work. And of course, besides access to an amazing selection of books, we will miss friends. I am used to "long distance relationships" by now though. And I'm excited about the new friends we'll make in Des Moines.

I'll try to check in sometime during the week, but if it gets to crazy (it will be crazy, but sometimes writing helps me regain sanity), I'll be in touch once we get settled up yonder. Have a happy week!

2 comments:

Rebecca Brown said...

We had SF's birthday party the Wed. before we moved on Sat. last year, but not at our house. It's actually a fun time to see e'one "one last time" before pulling out. I say go for it! (That does not mean I'm looking for an invitation!;))

Anonymous said...

Hey Abby! Okay, I have read all July posts and am a little caught up! I am so excited for your move the next next chapter for the Edema family:) Talk to you soon,
Sara

Blog Archive