Saturday, July 03, 2010

Parenthood

So when I was looking up Robert is Bothered just now for the post below, I found out that the entire first season of Parenthood is available on NBC.com for this month only. We missed a lot of episodes due to crummy reception, so I am pretty excited about this. If you haven't seen the show, you should definitely check it out. It is really really well done. The characters are all very endearing (as opposed to the whackadoodles from the original movie the series is loosely based on). Any one of them would be cool to know in real life (though sadly, they aren't real, so that isn't possible). Ron Howard and all the folks both behind and in front of the scenes have done an amazing job- stories, dialogue, casting, acting, etc. It's smart and artful and delightful. I realize this is a really generic review, but I probably couldn't do it justice if I tried. I just love those Bravermans!

2 comments:

Fittsy said...

I'm loving this show! It's taking me back to my Mom's days of Thirtysomething.

Thanks for the rec.

Keep us posted about the move.

R

Katherine said...

I LOVE Parenthood! of course, for me, i am always crying about how they reveal being a family with an autistic child! they portray it so well, from the parents to the social situations. love it, love it, love it! :)

Blog Archive