Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Halloween Poll

Interesting fact, I am posting from my iPhone while sitting at McDonald's. Let's see if this works!


Okay, so here's my question. Do you pronounce "Halloween" like hallow rhymes with shallow, or like hall rhymes with wall? Whatever your answer, where are you from (to determine if pronunciation is regional)? And, were you aware that other people pronounced it the other way? (I never noticed.) I'll be interested to see what everyone says. I'll also be interested to see if this works from an iPhone. And now for the windy walk home.... Happy winds-day (Amabel told me that on the way here- yes, we know it's Tuesday :) ).

6 comments:

Fittsy said...

rhymes with shallow

~RSF
From the glorious South

Brittnie said...

I say both, I think!

Brittnie from wonderful and windy Minnesota! (ya'll coming up to the Mall of America ever?)

Jessie said...

like shallow for me too.

Rebecca Brown said...

shallow for sure. It was a very blustery day yesterday, wasn't it? :)

Our family said...

shallow here!

The Rays said...

shallow for us!

Blog Archive