Saturday, November 27, 2010

Seasonally Disoriented

It's hard to believe that Christmas is only four weeks away. I packed up all my fall bakeware, dishes, and decorations today. I was a little sad that I didn't even use a lot of it. Where did the fall go?! It was so warm this fall. I think that was it, just that it never felt colorful and crisp. Or maybe I was just too busy being new and homeschooling and doing the everyday to do fun and festive fall stuff. We didn't even get to go apple picking! We called the orchard the week before Halloween and they said all the apples were gone! For the last two years we have gone on Halloween day, and we lived 200 miles farther south, so I really do think this has just been a warm year. Y'all know how I feel about warmth. Boo...

But Christmas time's a-comin'! I'm trying to be excited about that now. We just need some snow! But I don't think we'll have any for a while. I'm hoping Christmas music and getting our tree soon will help me shift gears and "get into the holiday spirit." I'll try to post pictures of all of our Christmastime activities once we get them going. And hey, y'all stay in touch!

No comments:

Blog Archive