Sunday, December 05, 2010

Birthday Greetings

to me and my blog. We are thirty-three and five, respectively.

It's been a good day so far. I got an alarm clock that my iPhone plugs into, which is a very happy thing; Nora Ephron's newest book, I Remember Nothing, Amy Sedaris' new book, Simple Times, Crafts for Poor People; Mariah Carey's new Christmas CD, Merry Christmas II You; a new scarf, handmade by my dear Amabel Grace; credit at Land's End for a new coat; and a beautiful plant all from various family members. And evidently, there's still more on the way! And sweet friends have been calling, emailing, and sending happy things in the mail all weekend. I have to say that I really didn't think anyone would remember. I was a little down earlier this week thinking about how I feel out of touch and forgotten. I know I'm not, of course, but sometimes hormones convince us otherwise :) So I have been very much surprised and delighted by the kindness and thoughtfulness of friends.

We had our monthly potluck at church and enjoyed good food and fellowship well into the afternoon. And if that weren't enough, we're heading out to eat for dinner later on- probably somewhere with a never ending basket of chips and salsa. Also, all of my listings are selling on ebay, so I am excited about that. I know that's random, but it's just a nice little bonus- I'm making some extra cash, and I'm getting rid of stuff I don't need (my favorite thing!).

Reviews on books and CDs to come soon, more recipes (I promise!), and pictures of the many sewing projects I have in the works once they are finally completed (I'm close!).... Happy birthday, Pretty Funny For a Girl, you may have some life left in you yet!

2 comments:

annie said...

I'm so glad your day was happy! :)

katie said...

Yea for great birthdays!

Blog Archive