Friday, December 10, 2010

I just took Miss Elspeth on a special mother-daughter outing to see The Nutcracker. It was really a sweet time. George took me out on my birthday date last night, and we left the children with friends. The discussion at the dinner table among the children was over ballet. Elspeth had just come from a very special lesson and there was much to talk about. The biggest news is that our ballet instructor's studio burnt down last week. We received a call last Thursday that lessons were cancelled because there had just been a fire. Our instructor has already been able to procure a new location, so yesterday's lesson went on as scheduled, including "open house." This means that we went to a totally different building that was packed out with parents and grandparents with cameras and camcorders. It was pretty overwhelming for Miss E at first, but she warmed up eventually, and I even managed to get a short video with my phone (which I will try to load as I am, once again, posting on my phone from McDonald's). Anyway, ballet was the big news for the day, and when we came to pick the kids up, my friend let me know that she had two tickets to Ballet Des Moines' production of The Nutcracker today. So we went! And it was delightful. Her favorite part was "The Waltz of the Flowers." She loved the blue flower :)

3 comments:

Our family said...

So fun! I love those rare times when I get to go on a date with one of my children by themselves. It is sweet to get to focus on them and hear what they have to say without fighting for attention. So glad y'all got to do that together!

RHB said...

Glad it was fun! Can't believe she was able to sit through it.

Rebecca Brown said...

You still there, Abby? I've been watching for a Christmas post... :)

Blog Archive