Friday, January 25, 2013

Vinegar and Oil

I have a giant binder of recipes that recently burst because it was so full. Amabel and I have been going through the process of finding which recipes I have duplicates of, which recipes I'll never ever use, and which recipes I need to try soon lest they grow moss. One little something I found in the binder that I can do away with if I merely record my information is the product reviews. I like to know what my cooking snob resources think of the various brands of essential ingredients. I record the top three and try to find them in the store next time I'm buying them. So, what better place to record the information than on my blog so you can see it too? I am also including links so you can see what the packaging looks like, because, if you're like me, you will not remember the name, but you will remember the look of the label.

Balsamic Vinegar- Lucini Gran Riserva Balsamico, Monari Federzoni, Ortalli (this website is completely in Italian and I couldn't find a good picture. It does appear to be available at Walmart though).

Extra Virgin Olive Oil- Highly Recommended: Columela (couldn't find a website, link is to product on Amazon), Recommended: Lucini Premium Select, Colavita.


I also have a lot of recipes that I need to write down. I am less and less interested in writing things out on recipe cards though. I'm all about the iPad in the kitchen. So, coming soon, more recipes!


No comments:

Blog Archive